Start your morning with a heart-healthy bowl of oatmeal! 🍵💚 Our Matcha Maple Oatmeal recipe is 100% sugar-free, and has about 20% of your daily recommended fiber!
Ingredients (Yields 2 servings)
- 2 cups rolled or steel-cut oats
- 1 Yum Matcha™ packet (any flavor — we used original)
- 1 cup milk/non-dairy alternative
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. Nature’s Flavors™ Maple Syrup OR 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup Powder + 5 tbsp. water + ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. Naturlax fiber powder (flavored or pure — we used vanilla)
- In a medium saucepan, use a spoon to combine the Yum Matcha™ and oats. The oats should be evenly coated with a thin layer of matcha powder.
- Add the milk/non-dairy alternative and water, and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid starts boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Note: The oatmeal may be thicker depending on how long you let it simmer for.
- Once the oatmeal reaches the desired thickness, let stand for 2-3 minutes, then scoop into bowls.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and top with a pinch of Naturlax powder.
- Note: If using maple syrup powder, throughly mix the powder with water until the mixture is the texture of syrup, then stir in sea salt.
- Best to eat right away.
- Top with your favorite fruit to complement the matcha! We recommend bananas, strawberries, and blueberries, but let us know what flavor combinations you like best!