We’re bringing you a Matcha Dalgona Recipe but we’re making it VEGAN! We’re sure you’ve seen this recipe all over Tik Tok and Instagram. In case you didn’t know what a Dalgona Coffee is we’ll tell you! Dalgona coffee is instant coffee, sugar, and hot water whipped into a cloud. Then you place the cloud over a cup of cold milk.
Since we’re a matcha company, we thought we’d show you how to make a Vegan Matcha Dalgona Latte! What’s the secret you ask? Aquafaba! Aquafaba is the liquid from a can of chickpeas. It’s often used in vegan recipes to imitate whipped egg whites. And it works just the same! Those with egg allergies can benefit from the wonders of aquafaba too! You don’t ever have to miss a dalgona latte again!
Before we get into our Vegan Matcha Dalgona Recipe, we included a basic formula to follow when using aquafaba. The possibilities are endless when it comes to using this egg substitute!
Vegan Matcha Dalgona Recipe
- Mixing Bowls (2)
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 15 oz. Liquid from Chickpea Can
- 1 packet Raspberry Yum Matcha Packet
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Boiling Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk Preferred Milk Choice
- Add the liquid from the chickpea can into a bowl and whip it until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, add the Raspberry Yum Matcha Packet, sugar, and boiling water. Whisk it until everything is well combined.
- Fold the matcha mixture into the whipped chickpeas and mix some more!
- Pour the almond milk into a cup and top it off with the whipped matcha. Enjoy!
- You can use any milk you like best!
- Don't limit yourself to our Raspberry Matcha, the possibilites are endless!